THE INITIATION PHASE:
- Energizes the organization.
- Repair any current at-risk projects.
- Sets the stage for the next stage, the Installation phases.
This stage contains the selection of pilot projects that have the potential for near-term successes, and the transmission of those success stories to the organization.
THE PROJECT-LEVEL INSTALLATION PHASE:
- Gives a structured project planning and control method for all intended projects.
- Creates the project management framework necessary to support the consistent, successful application of project management methods by the Project Office on future projects.
- Offers training and guidance to the Project Office staff.
THE ENTERPRISE-LEVEL INSTALLATION PHASE:
- Creates the foundation necessary to support business decision-making based on schedule, resource, and cost information “rolled-up” from the full portfolio of projects.
- Transitions the daily responsibility for developing and maintaining individual project plans from DKDouglas Consulting to the Project Office staff.
THE MAINTENANCE PHASE:
- Shifts the accountability for supporting all of the project management requirements of the organization onto the Project Office staff.