Online Privacy and Security Policy
We protect your information
We take our responsibility to protect the privacy and confidentiality of your information, including personal information, very seriously. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable legal standards to secure such information from unauthorized access and use, alteration and destruction. We hold our employees accountable for complying with relevant policies, procedures, rules and regulations concerning the privacy and confidentiality of information.
We endeavor to collect, use and maintain client information only for appropriate purposes
- The types of personal information we may collect from you when you visit or use our online services include your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number(s), account numbers, limited location information (for example, a zip code to help you find a DKDoulgas Consulting office near you), user name and password. We may also collect payment card information, Social Security numbers, driver’s license numbers (or comparable) when you provide such information while using our online services and where we believe it is reasonably required for ordinary business purposes.
- We may use the information we collect from you to help us deliver our online services; to administer, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services, improving existing products and services, performing data analytics, and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions); manage our risks; market our services and products; and to comply with and enforce applicable laws and regulations, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies. We may also use data that we collect on an aggregate or anonymous basis (such that it does not identify any individual clients) for various business purposes, where permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
We respect and protect your privacy even when you’re on the go
For your convenience, DKDouglas Consulting offers you the ability to access some of our products and services through mobile applications and mobile-optimized websites. When you interact with us through your mobile device, we may collect information such as unique device identifiers, your screen resolution and other device settings, information about your location, and analytical information about how you use your mobile device. We may ask your permission before collecting certain information, such as precise geolocation information.
We share personal information with affiliates and with others when we believe it will enhance the services and products we can provide to you or for legal and routine business reasons
- We share personal information among our affiliates and business units when we believe it will enhance the services we can provide, but only in circumstances where such sharing conforms to law, any applicable confidentiality agreements, and our policies and practices.
- From time to time, we enter into agreements with other companies to provide services to us, or to make services and products available to you. Under these agreements, these companies may receive your personal information, but they must safeguard this information, and they may only use it for those purposes we specify.
- We may share your personal information with any person or entity if we have your consent to do so.
We may transmit, transfer or process information to, or through, any country in the world, as we deem necessary, appropriate or consistent with legal or regulatory obligations
We provide you with relevant and appropriate choices regarding the sharing of personal information
We may give you choices regarding the sharing of personal information with affiliates and third parties. Choices you have about the sharing of your personal information will be described in the privacy policies or notices you receive in connection with the financial products or services you obtain from us.
We offer you the opportunity to access and correct your information on file with us
Keeping your account information up-to-date is very important. You may review or update certain account information by logging in and accessing the “Client Center” section. If you cannot change the incorrect information online, or you prefer to request changes offline, please contact your DKDouglas Consulting representative using the contact information listed on your account statements, records or other account materials.
We respect your decisions about the collection of personal information related to your online activities over time and across different websites for advertising purposes
DKDouglas Consulting does not allow unaffiliated third parties to collect personal information about your online activities when you visit our online services. Nor do we use personal information collected across non-affiliated websites for the purpose of serving you advertising related to your browsing behavior. If we engage in this practice in the future, we will provide appropriate notice and choice so that you may opt out of the practice.
We tell you when our privacy policies and practices change